Alex Walker's Serian
Alex Walker’s Serian is a collection of intimate bush camps; that allows you to flee the bustle of contemporary life and experience a blend of untamed Africa in traditional tented splendour.
Meaning ‘peaceful, calm or serene’ the Maa named Serian along with Ngare Serian. They flaunt a sense of spirited style and distinctive flexibility, Serian’s characteristic trait! The ability to change or be changed according to circumstances allows guests to reap a complete and rewarding insight into the Maasai Mara. Focused of viewing wildlife the Maasai Mara is undoubtedly the jewel in the crown of east Africa, forever to be associated with big cats and vast numbers of game.
- Ngare - The tents themselves are huge traditional tents, four poster beds dominate the open fronted hardwood floors. Bathtubs on raised decks overlook the river, showers, twin basins and flush toilets.
- Serian - Each tent unique in its own way, furnished with large double beds, the adjoining bush bathrooms include shower, twin basins, large bush bathtubs and flush toilets.
- Exclusive use of 4WD vehicle with a guide and spotter for game drives, Night drives as well.
- Guided walks - anything from 20 mins to 6 hours
- Fly camping
- Night at the ‘Nest’ Serian’s tree house/ or just a breakfast, lunch or sundowners at the ‘nest’
Sundowners, picnics, bush dinners, bush breakfast
- River fishing
- Non-resident Adult - $ 125
- Non-resident Child - $ 60
- Kenyan Resident Adult - 2,700 Kshs
- Kenyan Resident Child - 1,350 Kshs
|Accessibility:||A short 40 minute flight from Nairobi (chartered/scheduled) to MNC airstrip, followed by a 30 minute road transfer to camp, alternatively make use of the helicopter pad and land right at the camp. Approximately a 5 five hour drive from Nairobi via Narok and Mulot.|
|Location:||Alex Walkers Serian is set in a secluded valley within the Mara North Conservancy. Serian's six stylish tents overlook the waters of the Mara River, the furnishing evoke the safaris of a bygone era. Ngare Serian's four big stylish tents are set in the deep shade of African Greenheart, the at ease ambience of the mess leaves one in no doubt of the abundant comfort.|
|Contacts:||Tel: +254 (0) 735 566 237