Offbeat Mara Camp
Offbeat Mara Camp is a 12 bed traditional semi-permanent camp situated on the Mara North Conservancy (MNC), just north of the Masai Mara Game Reserve. This unspoilt part of Masailand is an area full of wildlife but far from any other camp or lodge. The MNC has fantastic game viewing all year, including the Offbeat Lion pride just outside camp.
Accommodation at Offbeat Mara Camp is inclusive of all game drives and meals, house-wines, spirits, beer, soft drinks and laundry. Informal dining is hosted in the mess tent or around the campfire. Delicious English breakfasts, lighter lunches and three course dinners are served each evening. Guests can also relax in the bar and living room tent, which is furnished with comfortable sofas and a writing desk.
Offbeat Mara Camp works with the local Maasai community, employing many in the camp staff within all departments. All our guides are graduates of the Koiyaki Guiding School and all have KPSGA silver badges. The Mara offers amazing gameviewing throughout the year and features the annual wildebeest migration in July to September.
The camp is open from January to mid-April, June to October and the whole of December. It is closed for the rains mid-April to end of May and November.
The camp sleeps only 12 guests in six large luxurious tents, either as doubles or twins though extra beds can be added to make triples. Each tent has its own en-suite bathroom with hot bucket showers, wash basins and flush loos. The spacious tents are all furnished with large, hand made cedar beds, 24 hour solar lighting and the finest linen.
- Day and afternoon/evening game drives in fully equipped custom-designed Land Cruisers (all vehicles are open-sided with roof hatches for each row of seats). We are able to use red-filtered spot-lights until 10.00pm.
- Bush Breakfasts and sundowners.
- Full day picnic lunch drives (to the wildebeest crossing points - approx. 1.5 hrs game drive each way).
- Line fishing for catfish
- Visits to the Maasai village, the Koiyaki Guiding School and Aitong Primary School (approx. 1 hour each way from camp).
- Visits to the Rhino Sanctuary (approx. 1.5 hrs game drive each way).
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris (from Governors Camp 1 hr drive away).
A daily schedule Air Kenya and Safarilink service from Nairobi to Mara North - The camp is a 60 minute game drive away from the airstrip. A daily service to Mara North from Loisaba or Nanyuki and the coast. Private air charters. 5 hours drive from Nairobi.
The camp is situated on the Olare Motorogi water system, on the Mara North Conservancy (MNC). The MNC has low camp/lodge density, is open only to member camps and has a strict number of vehicles permitted at sightings.
|Contacts:||P. O. Box 1146, Nanyuki -10400, Kenya
Tel: +254 (0)704 909355 / 6